Torch bulbs are specifically designed to fit into most handheld torches. Their compact and powerful construction is key to making a torch as effective as possible.
How do they work?
They work like any other standard bulb in that when they receive an electrical charge they light up. This is the same in all conventional bulbs as well as LED, Xenon, Krypton etc.
What are the different types of Torch bulb?
Different types of torch bulb include halogen, LED, Xenon all with varying functions and light levels.
- Halogen is the most popular type of light, they are cheap and use halogen gas to power them and produce a typical white light.
- LED produce a high-quality grade white light and typically have a long shelf life and are easy to replace.
- Xenon bulbs typically have a HID or High-intensity discharge. Instead of heating up the filament like a halogen bulb, they use electrodes to charge the gas inside the bulb. They produce extreme white and have a long lifespan.
- Incandescent bulbs are the most traditional type of bulb. They work by passing an electrical current through the filament. They have a shelf life of anywhere between 500-1000 hours
Features and benefits:
- Varying Wattages available to help determine light output you need
- Many bulbs available to fit with different types of torches on the market
- LED, Halogen, Incandescent or Xenon bulbs available all with their own range of benefits
- Come in pack quantities for you to keep as a contingency
Where might I use one?
- Handheld torches
- Head torches
- Camping lanterns
- Wind-up torches and lanterns